Winners of the Blobular competition
9 May 2007
The number of entries received for my Blobular competition was lower than I expected, but the quality and imagination of the entries that I did get was mind-blowing! Maps of the world, tributes to my favourite book/movie/radio series ... they all made selecting winners way harder than I'd hoped for, so I've ended up handing out a couple more books than I planned to:
- Marko was obviously angling for The Art and Science of CSS, so one of those is going his way.
- I just couldn't stop staring at Dylan's entry, so hopefully by sacrificing a book to him it'll get that baleful eye out of my mind.
- I'm giving a book to Ludwig just because I like to encourage young talent in Web design.
- But undoubtedly, Master Of The Blobs can be none other than David VanDusen, who created some incredibly beautiful pictures out of a crappy circle-drawing program. Take your pick from the spider, the peacock or (my personal favourite) the horse; each one is worthy of an entire bookshelf.
So, if you've won a book, drop me a line and let me know where you'd like it delivered to. I'll dispatch one of my winged monkeys ASAP.
Follow me on Twitter
To hear smaller but more regular stuff from me, follow @themaninblue.
- Resolution dependent layout update
- footerStickAlt: A more robust method of positioning a footer
- widgEditor: A simple, standards-compliant WYSIWYG HTML editor
- Accessible, stylish form layout