The obligatory Web Essentials 05 post
3 October 2005
In my (1 year) tradition of letting other people say sensible things about the Web Essentials geekfest, here are my moments from Australia's greatest conglomeration of kick-ass Web developers for 2005:
- Getting to hold a conversation with the the navel of the behemoth that is The Veen. (Truly one of the Web world's greatest presenters.)
- Meeting the man, and instantly envisaging my new career – manufacturing lego man models of T. Celik. (Taking orders for delivery in November 2005.)
- Gaining some taxi-en-route-to-king's-cross enlightenment from John Allsopp as to why Isaac Asimov moved to Sri Lanka. (Its ability to support geo-synchronous satellites ... "and the poontang".)
- Getting a hug from Molly.
Don't worry, although Russ Weakley deleted my podcast because I dissed him at the start of my presentation, the notes and examples will be up somewhere shortly.
Follow me on Twitter
To hear smaller but more regular stuff from me, follow @themaninblue.
- Resolution dependent layout update
- footerStickAlt: A more robust method of positioning a footer
- widgEditor: A simple, standards-compliant WYSIWYG HTML editor
- Accessible, stylish form layout