Web Essentials 04: the things they didn't tell you
4 October 2004
Well, I arrived back a bit later than everyone else from Web Essentials 04, for extra-curricular reasons. While I didn't gain too much knowledge from the (non-accessibility) presentations (that's just me), they were all thoroughly enjoyable, and the ability to talk to over 200 like-minded individuals at the conference centre/pub/kebab shop was certainly worthwhile.
- Russ Weakley's idea of cinematic perfection is "The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement".
- Doug Bowman has a stenographer fetish.
- Joe Clark has a penchant for the word "Slurm" and does not wear cowboy hats.
- Peter Firminger bought Keanu Reeves' entire wardrobe from the set of "The Matrix".
- John Allsopp is a very quiet and contemplative fellow.
- Dave Shea is a Gandhi-like pacifist and hence does not participate in any wrestling or wrestling-related Web Standards presentations.
Follow me on Twitter
To hear smaller but more regular stuff from me, follow @themaninblue.
- Resolution dependent layout update
- footerStickAlt: A more robust method of positioning a footer
- widgEditor: A simple, standards-compliant WYSIWYG HTML editor
- Accessible, stylish form layout