27 November 2004
It was exactly this day a year ago that I tentatively put up The Man in Blue.
I hoped that people would like it, that someone might link to it, but I've been overwhelmed by the response to the design (now a little old fashioned) and the sprinkling of articles that I've managed to sneak past my editor (that part of my brain which precipitates embarassment).
Since then I've become part of a fantastic, forward thinking and friendly community of web developers who have taught me so much and are really making the Internet a better place. We've progressed so much in just 365 days, who knows where we'll be in 3650?
Here's a few personal highlights from those halcyon days:
- Getting asked 10 questions by Russ Weakley (RUSS WEAKLEY!)
- Helping to start the Web Standards Awards
- Being quoted by Keith Robinson (KEITH ROBINSON!)
- Packing out a theatre with 200 other Standards nuts at Web Essentials 04
- Making it into the top 10 queries for "scrabble" even though I purposely misspelt it
- Presenting a bumbling presentation to the Web Standards Group
- Being considered a CSS luminary by some strange people (thanks anyway!)
- Empirically determining the World's favourite colour
Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this site, whether it be through insightful comments or useless ear bashing. Here's hoping I can do at least one more good thing in the second year!
Follow me on Twitter
To hear smaller but more regular stuff from me, follow @themaninblue.
- Resolution dependent layout update
- footerStickAlt: A more robust method of positioning a footer
- widgEditor: A simple, standards-compliant WYSIWYG HTML editor
- Accessible, stylish form layout