Hey Cam, what'cha been up to?
13 September 2005
With an entry approximately once every 68 days, you may well be wondering why you bothered bookmarking this site (you did, didn't you!?!?). Well, I can tell you I haven't been sitting around whittling miniature carvings of my favourite Powerpuff Girls. Ever since I made the big move to independence, I've had roughly 3.4 hours of sleep a night. But it's all good:
- The Defence Department site which I designed and originally coded resolution dependent layout for eventually went live and is still undergoing tweaking.
- I helped the great guys at Atlassian with the design of their new site ... and have since noticed JIRA being used just about everywhere.
- Worked with the National Library of Australia to help design and Standards-ify one of their major bibiliographic applications.
- Wrote an article for Sitepoint about how to use XMLHttpRequest, and do so responsibly. Syndicated to O'Reilly's xml.com.
- Preparing for my upcoming presentation at Web Essentials 05.
- I can't believe how much demand there is for someone to just do CSS coding. Although it's pretty boring, I've helped Eclipse and iFocus out on sites for Telstra, the Victorian Government, and Diners Club to name a few.
Follow me on Twitter
To hear smaller but more regular stuff from me, follow @themaninblue.
- Resolution dependent layout update
- footerStickAlt: A more robust method of positioning a footer
- widgEditor: A simple, standards-compliant WYSIWYG HTML editor
- Accessible, stylish form layout